Rhinophyma is a benign tumor formation of the skin of the nose, characterized by hypertrophy of all its elements, enlargement and disfigurement of the face.
Rhinophyma is typical for men older than 40 years.
Rhinophyma is an infiltrative-proliferative stage of rosacea, which is characterized by formation of inflammatory nodes, infiltrates and tumor-like proliferations due to progressive hyperplasia of the connective tissue and sebaceous glands, and a persistent expansion of blood vessels due to chronic disease.
To the development of rhinophyma contribute adverse conditions of the external environment:
- Frequent cooling
- Dusty air
- Chronic alcoholism
- Endocrine disorders
- Diseases of gastro-intestinal tract
- Stress, dietary factors
- Demodex Folliculioum
- Imbalance of androgenic factors
Many specialists believe that this disease appears after pink acne. The tumor often makes difficult nasal breathing and eating.
In the stroma of rhinophyma, develop different tumors: adenoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma (15-30 % of the patients)
There are two forms of rhinophyma:
- Glandular, which is more frequent. The growths appear in the form of rough nodes of different sizes of soft consistency with a shiny oily surface and bluish shade.
- Fibrous, which is less common. The surface of the affected area is smooth, the tissues are hypertrophied and the configuration of the nose is retained.
Radiowave surgery is a modern trend of electro surgery, which has become a universal technique for doctors and is an effective treatment for many tumors, the use of which significantly reduces the time of surgery.
The advantages of surgical treatment with a radiowave device “SURGITRON”:
- Atraumatic incision
- Minimal bleeding during the operation
- Lack of the deep necrosis at the time of operation
- Minimal tissue swelling in the postoperative period
- No pain during the surgery and in the postoperative period
- Acceleration of healing process of the postoperative wounds
- High cosmetic effect