Preparation for pregnancy
Before planning pregnancy, take care of your health in advance for 3-6 months. In case of unplanned pregnancy, without a prior examination of the spouses, at the initial examination can be detected chronic diseases and genetic defects. This can negatively affect the pregnancy and fetal development.
The Professor Yutskovskaya’s Clinic developed its own program of preparation for pregnancy on the basis of the orders and recommendations of Ministry of Health Care of RF. It includes assessment of health of both spouses based on clinical examination and various tests.
Preparation for pregnancy includes:
- Assessment of reproductive (hormonal) systems of the spouses and elimination of the revealed violations before pregnancy (hyperandrogenism, genital infantilism, chronic endometritis, cervical insufficiency), detection of malformations of the uterus and ovaries;
- Elimination of chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands, blood coagulation, etc.
- In case of violation of spermatogenesis of the spouse – consultation and treatment at the urologist-andrologist
- Genetic consultation to prevent the development of malformations at fetus
- Exception of persistent infection, viral and bacterial infection (if the infection is detected, the spouses must pass mandatory control tests)
After the discussion of the results of the tests, a couple starts preparing for pregnancy. Both spouses should take multivitamin complexes with folic acid (at least 400 mcg per day). Preparation for pregnancy should begin at least three months before conception. In addition, both spouses should give up smoking, drugs and excessive alcohol consumption. These substances adversely affect the process of fertilization and pregnancy and have negative effect on the health of an unborn child. There is no need to take any medications (without doctor’s advice), because they can have a negative effect on fertilization. Stop using oral contraceptives for 2-3 months prior to pregnancy.
In case of absence of antibodies to rubella virus, swipe vaccination against this disease, because infection with rubella during early pregnancy often leads to severe physical handicaps and deformities in the fetus.
Moreover, a balanced diet is essential. The products should contain sufficient amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins. Maintain good physical shape is easier with regular exercise, brisk walking and swimming.
Management of pregnancy
Favorable course of pregnancy is directly related to preparing for pregnancy and high quality of medical supervision for the condition of mother and child. The Professor Yutskovskaya’s Clinic offers an individual program of pregnancy based on the orders and recommendations of the Ministry of Health Care of RF.